What an exciting day for you, Audra! Although living away from home for school is “old hat” for you, beginning college is a new chapter in your life.
You are creating a new “community.” You have the community of the sensational seven (was that what you called yourselves?) in NJ, your Salem Community, and now a Roanoke Community. It is about making new friends, having new relationships while staying connected in some way to the old ones. We change and grow as we go through life, sometimes that means we leave loved ones behind. Learn to be okay with that… know that who you are will always be attracting special people into your life.
Your education is something no one can ever take from you so make the most of your time at Roanoke. And while you are there…
- Don’t compare yourself to the best others can do, rather compare yourself to the best you can do.
- Treat other people with honor and respect… what goes around comes around… what you give is what you get.
- Keep an open mind… about everything… because there is always more going on than we can see.
- Ask questions… and listen to the answers.
- Be happy and enjoy every moment!
I love you,